Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Case Against (C)Rap: Volume I

I still can't figure out what people find so good about rap. It bothers me and most of my rock brethren that no-talent "artists" are making millions of dollars for doing close to nothing. People who are innovative and work hard deserve the millions, like Bill Gates and Jim Cramer, not these monkeys.

Volume I will consist of (1) of many arguments which all revolve around the same basic idea- rap is not music. In this segment, the topic will be electronic machines.

Are people just getting lazy? I think not; they are getting to the consumers at a much easier rate. There is not even a backing band playing when a rap artist is performing. Rap consists of an electronic drum machine, which in all rap songs is the same. There might be some electronic piano or strings added to make it sound more elaborate. The truth is, they might fool some people, but they certainly won't fool me.

Spinning albums I am split over. I don't think there is any skill in doing this, seeing as how I saw a program on TV which showed all the technique. It's all in the wrist, and I am a drummer. I don't like it in a regular situation, but I can make an exception. Incubus does it and it does add a little something to the track. Rap and hip-hop suck and sound awful.

In Coney Island, one of the rides that they had played loud rap and hip-hop on three loud speakers. I had the unfortunate pleasure of getting stuck in the area and had to endure a very long and excrutiating 10 minutes hearing it. I tried my iPod on all the way with some metal, but to no relief. By the end, I was deaf and even dumber for listening.

For all the (c)rap lovers who read, stick around. There's plenty more where this came from.

SUPPORT LOCAL BANDS AND UNDISCOVERED TALENT

3 Comments:

Blogger annush said...

my issue with rap,hip hop, and now reggaeton is that they are slowly but surely destroying the English language.
That just irks me!!! EEK!!

6/24/2005 3:48 PM  
Blogger beakerkin said...

Rap on a hangover can be a pain. I never did like it but a Gangsta Rap Christmas album has possibities.

6/26/2005 3:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

annush

not only are these types of music destroying language, they destroy minds and the airwaves. btw, thanks for posting. i appreciate new readership.

beakerkin

rap even sober is a pain, it kills my ears and gives me a headache, something not even Zakk Wylde could acomplish at the Black Label Society April concert at Starland Ballroom. for all you people who don't know Zakk, you could hear his guitar across the street perfectly and i was near the damn speaker.

BLS RULES

6/27/2005 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Listed on BlogShares