Wednesday, June 15, 2005

New Foo Album Out Now- Do You Feel The Love

Yesterday, the new Foo Fighters double album was released. I bought mine at Best Buy, because anywhere you go, THE FIRST DAY IS ALWAYS MARKED LOW!

I listened to each track on the rock album, and I must say, the sound of the instruments sounded great, which is something the band did work on by building a classic recording studio. The instruments sounded like they did on There Is Nothing Left To Lose and The Colour And The Shape. Vocal wise, Dave has accumulated a somewhat raspy voice since the band started, but the singing was good. They have incorporated harder guitar riffs, more instrumentals and solos.

I didn't really listen to the acoustic album fully, but the band does play; the bassist and drummer can be heard. They added background sounds as well as harmonica. Originally Dave's message on their website that some guests would surprise fans. I took this to mean rap/hip-hop people, but to my happiness I didn't see any on the credits (I think).

I am proud to say this album is better than the last; the sound is better and more classic Foo. The vocals are good. The band is good. GO GET THE ALBUM. The mainstream sound is great for all rock lovers from here to kingdomcome.

ROCK ON PEOPLE

PS- another good release was the Hawthorne Heights re-release which comes with all the original songs, seven bonus tracks, a DVD, and extra SILVERSTEIN (a great band) DVD.

2 Comments:

Blogger beakerkin said...

I did not realize double albums are still being made. Are they theme albums or compilations. The Wall was a theme bouble album .

When you get a chance add Mr Beamish and Always on the watch for me.

I was dreaming about Knishes and real bagels. The people are great but the food stinks . Maybe I will go to Burlington buy a Wok and make chilli.

6/21/2005 6:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

about albums:
1.) double albums are really a rarity, especially by such a mainstream band, seeing as how this is the first one i can remember and actually own. this one is not a theme/concept album, and one CD is acoustic and the other one classic Foo.

2.) there still are bands who make concept albums. the most recent one i can think of is "What To Do When You Are Dead" by Jersey's own Armor For Sleep.
___________________________________
When youre in Burlington, they have some decent restaurants there. The wok is a good idea. My Asian friend's family owns one, so if you need advice on how to use one, let me know.

Regarding the links- e-mail me the sites and i will get them up ASAP.

6/21/2005 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Listed on BlogShares