Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I Am In Awe--You Need To Check These Guys Out

Last week, my good friend told me to check out this band called BEDlight For BlueEYES on purevolume (the link is on the sidebar). So I did, and was amazed at what I heard. These guys from Berkeley Heights, NJ know what they are doing, and they are doing it well.

They have a very unique sound, one that I am particularly fond of. However, I have never heard it played out until now. Bedlight blends astounding vocals (the singer actually had a vocal scholarship to a prestigious Boston music school- bio from purevolume), to truly amazing guitaring. The end result is an album full of great songs. What makes them unique is the guitaring. Bedlight for blue eyes incorporates harmonious guitars into their music, which is Alternative Rock. This I have never heard done before, they are the pioneers. I give that two thumbs up because it sounds great.

The band has only been around for just under two years, and has received much acclaim from magazines such as AP (Alternative Press, a huge rock magazine), listing them with Green Day on a ranking. This was done with Bedlight putting out a three song demo. Check out purevolume for the full story. It just goes to show you that with hard work, determination, creativity, and talent, you can hit it big in under two years.

"The Dawn" was released today under NJ's Trustkill Records, and I bought it from iTunes because I got a bonus song. You can preview three new tracks, and download the demo ones, although, on the new album you get polished up versions of them, plus stuff not on purevolume.

ROCK ON!

3 Comments:

Blogger LeifEriksson said...

Are they touring?

8/27/2005 12:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

as i know, they are not although they played in philly and a secret acoustic set in jersey the same day. they also did a gig at cbgb with Taking Back Sunday (i think).

8/27/2005 11:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

many many:

actually i signed up for their newsletter and Bedlight is going on tour. let me know if you want info.

8/30/2005 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Listed on BlogShares