Thursday, July 14, 2005

301 Days Later

FINALLY!! There is a superior being who is looking out for me. The NHL is so close to officially ending the lockout, which had been going on for 301 days. On July, 13, the NHL and NHLPA have agreed in principle to a new 6 year collective bargaining agreement. All that's left to do is write it out and get it ratified by the NHLPA members and the NHL Board of Governors.

The new deal is set to bring changes in certain areas of the game, which rumors hold include the following:
1.) bigger goals
2.) shootout to end tie after certain amount of overtime played
3.) size of goalie equipment
4.) elimination of the 2 line pass rule

There might be more, but this is what I have heard all over FSN and ESPN. The 2 line pass rule sucked and like what they are planning on doing. I have mixed feelings about the rest, especially about the goalie changes. I am a proud New Jersey Devils fan. My goalie Martin Brodeur is arguably the best goalie of all time. He has already broken records and is about 25 shutouts away from breaking the all time record for that. Unfortunately, Brodeur during the last season, al beit getting yet another 40 win season (a record of his) he did not play like Brodeur of 2000 and 2003. The loss of this season could have easily killed his shot at the shutout record, but I am pulling for him all the way. These changes could also damage his shot at continuing other records as well.

As I have stated before, I am a proud Devils fan. Hockey is undoubtedly my favorite sport and cannot wait to see its return. Larry Robinson has just been named our head coach (again). I have no fear about making the playoffs as the Devils are about 99.9% to make it every year. I have watched miracles on the ice happen, especially in the postseason. I have stayed up for all the games in 2000 for going to extra periods; one going until 1:18 AM because they had not installed the 'no commercial break until the end of a 20 min overtime', and more than 2 until 12:30 AM. I have gone to many games in the Continental Airlines Arena and was fortunate enough to make it to the 2003 Parking Lot Parade.

HOCKEY- THE GREATEST SPORT IS BACK!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Listed on BlogShares