Thursday, July 28, 2005

News From Ozzfest

At the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ, probably the best metal/hard rock concert took place on Tuesday & Wednesday. The tour is the yearly Ozzfest, which although I've tried to go, I've always been unable to. Anyway, today the NY Post had an article about it- a brief review. In it he talked about Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden- the two main headliners (not to take anything away from my BLS).

He gave a comparison of both- who did better on vocals and instrumentals as well as a comment. Here's how they ranked:

Vocals: Maiden
Instrumentals: Black Sabbath
Overall: Maiden
Comments: Ozzy needs to quit off. He couldn't sing in tune, he couldn't sing, he couldn't keep in time.

I think that the Post writer is probably right about Ozzy. Black Sabbath will go down as one of the best bands of all time, but his health condition will not permit him to do more touring. The article also said that their was talk amongst many fans saying it was going to be the last show.

I will have to post a P.S./follow-up or a comment about this because I want to hear first hand stuff from my friend who I haven't spoke to yet.

ROCK ON!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i actually bought my first Sabbath album- 'Paranoid' on saturday. during the title song, the instrumental lead guitar was playing a kick ass riff, but it sounded horrible, with a sub octave effect going. i thought i might have got a screwed up disc, but when i asked my guitar teacher, he said that when it was transfered over from the tape it showed the inferior sound quality and the super distortion used in the original. some albums put the warning on the back (AC/DC did this on all the ones i bought although i didn't have a sound problem).

7/28/2005 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Listed on BlogShares