Monday, May 15, 2006

Explanation Time

I have recently been deeply listening to the legendary band called none other than Lynyrd Skynyrd. The band was Southern Rock all the way. They had a ton of hits on the album Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd including "I Ain't The One", "Tuesday's Gone", "Gimmie Three Steps", "Simple Man", and one of the greatest songs in Rock history, "Free Bird". Just think, this was one regular album, not even greatest hits. Amazing stuff. It's a shame that the original band was involved in a terrible plane crash which killed three of the members.

Now to the part that I need clarified. I saw something on VH1 that involved I think the singer, Ronnie Van Zant and Neil Young. There was a myth that Van Zant was buried in a Young t-shirt and in 2000, a group of people dug up his grave to find if it was true. I know that Ronnie didn't much care for Neil Young through the lyrics of "Sweet Home Alabama", but I need to know what this feud was about.

7 Comments:

Blogger elmers brother said...

I love music too. I am a guitar player and my dream job is to be a paid musician, studio whatever. But alas it's a dream.

5/16/2006 11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats up brother! sorry for being away so long, your site is always a good read.Skynard was indeed a great band, check out "on the hunt" another great one.
[elijah}

5/19/2006 7:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

elmer's brother:

great to see another musician over here. you have to tell me some of your favorite artists and who you think is the best of all time.

elijah:

what's up! good to see you back blogging. Skynyrd is just damn good. i will definately check out "on the hunt" asap.

5/21/2006 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Skynard, but even i dont know what that feud was about.The only thing I remember is a verse of young's about..."southern man..etc..ask warren, i bet you he knows{elijah}

5/23/2006 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, young wrote a couple of anti southern songs...http://www.thrasherswheat.org/jammin/lynyrd.htm
{elijah}

5/23/2006 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, young wrote a couple of anti southern songs...http://www.thrasherswheat.org/jammin/lynyrd.htm
{elijah}

5/23/2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so apparently there was no real feud between Van Zant and Young, according to this guy as well as some other sites when i yahoo-ed, they liked each other.

5/26/2006 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares Listed on BlogShares